[SR-Users] Info: converting dokuwiki content to markdown files

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue May 10 08:29:03 CEST 2022

Thanks, I will check them.

Ideally it is an app that can run on or behind a http server/proxy and
serve html pages generated from the .md files directly from the folder
with the clone of the github repo. But maybe I ask too much and adapting
the wiki structure for a static site generator from .md files is enough
or even better.

On 10.05.22 00:28, Seven Du wrote:
> We'd like to help.
>
> Select one from Jekyll, Hugo and TailwindBlog
>
> Jekyll: Ruby based https://jekyllrb.com/, can directly convert to html
> by github
> Hugo: Go based,  can also auto covert to html
> https://gohugo.io/hosting-and-deployment/hosting-on-github/
> TailwindBlog: Next.js
> based https://github.com/timlrx/tailwind-nextjs-starter-blog
>
> We built a few websites with the TailwindBlog recently and it looks
> very good. But as all JS projects, you have to download a giant deps
> of node_modules and build locally manually to generate static html
> pages, we haven't found how to do it automatically, since our updates
> are not frequent, we are ok to do it by hand.
>
> There may be other options. Anyway, look and discuss, as long as it's
> determined we can help to build.
>
> As a reference, these are sites we just built recently:
>
>https://xswitch.cn/
>http://rts.cn/
>

> On Mon, May 9, 2022 at 8:11 PM Daniel-Constantin Mierla
> <miconda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     it was discussed a couple of times during the past Kamailio
>     development
>     meetings and several days ago the works started to convert the
>     Kamailio
>     Wiki content to markdown format and host the files on Kamailio
>     github.com <http://github.com> organisation.
>
>     The Dokuwiki engine has served us very well during more than a decade
>     and a half, but open editing had to be disabled many years ago due to
>     bad actors pushing inappropriate content. The contributors had to
>     make a
>     dedicated account on our portal only for Wiki editing. More
>     recently we
>     had add another layer of protection requiring to grant manually edit
>     permissions to newly created wiki accounts because bots started to
>     work
>     around CAPTCHA and other security extensions, posting again
>     inappropriate content.
>
>     All these added to operational overhead, but also made it
>     difficult for
>     new people to contribute, specially for small editing to fix typos or
>     add usage examples.
>
>     Thanks to Kenneth Stowe, who undertook the first big effort of
>     converting the Dowkuwiki files to markdown format, we are now in the
>     position of moving further with the plans of using github for hosting
>     the content of the wiki and enable easier contributions via pull
>     requests. The history of changes done via Dokuwiki show up now as git
>     commits.
>
>     The github repository for the wiki content is available at:
>
>       * https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio-wiki
>
>     It is still work in progress, therefore we ask for the help of
>     community
>     to speed up the conversion, among the tasks that need to be done:
>
>       * convert relative links between wiki pages – the conversion tools
> [...]
Kamailio Advanced Training - Online: June 20-23, 2022
  * https://www.asipto.com/sw/kamailio-advanced-training-online/