[SR-Users] Proxy for ACK

Rick van Rein rick+kamailio.org at vanrein.org
Sat May 7 09:31:17 CEST 2022

Hello,

RFC 3261 gives (by way of example) an ACK that is sent directly to a remote
phone via its Contact: header address.  Is this the _only_ way of doing
this, or may ACK also be passed through a SIP proxy?

I found that my Kamailio setup does not forward ACK, and I wonder why;
whether that is a common refusal, or my fault in modifying the proxy script.

I am working on an IPv4-only to IPv6-only translation proxy, and would like
to leave the DNS-related work to a more advanced SIP proxy.  The translator
is supposed to be small/simple, so it can be integrated into home routers.
I would like to avoid DNS resolution (and its delays) for Contact: URIs.

Proxy script,
https://gitlab.com/arpa2/mkroot/-/blob/master/contrib/sip-trunk/etc/kamailio/siptrunk.cfg.in

SIPproxy64 translator,
https://gitlab.com/0cpm/sipproxy64