[SR-Users] Record-Route advertised per branch

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 13:02:18 CEST 2022

Adding that record route function can be used in branch_route only as
well, not required to have one call in request_route.

The suggested idea below, with advertise would be the one I would
recommend as well.

On 16.06.22 17:33, Sergiu Pojoga wrote:
> I just did this quick POC test which worked as expected, it added a
> single RR with public advertised and double RR with both public and
> private advertise for the branch that routes to a private interface.
>
> Prerequisites:
>
>   * mhomed=1
>   * modparam("rr", "enable_double_rr", 1)
>   * listen=YOUR_PUB_IP advertise "your_private_fqdn"
>   * listen=YOUR_PRIV_IP advertise "your_priv_fqdn"
>   * 10.22.0.0/24 <http://10.22.0.0/24> is the private net
>
> Script:
>
> request_route {
>    record_route();
>    seturi("sip:a at google.com <mailto:sip%3Aa at google.com>");
>    append_branch("sip:b at 10.22.0.1 <mailto:sip%3Ab at 10.22.0.1>", "1.0");
>    t_relay();
> }
>
> Give it a try.
>
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 10:36 AM Sergiu Pojoga <pojogas at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Have you tried just *record_route()* with /enable_double_rr/
>     option enabled? All things considered, RR should take care of it
>     all by itself, per branch.
>
>     A script snippet could help.
>
>     On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 10:05 AM Patrick Karton
>     <patrickarton at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>         It only work for request route.
>
>         Le 16 juin 2022 14:19, Ilie Soltanici <iliusha.md at gmail.com> a
>         écrit :
>
>             Hello,
>
>             Thank you, added it now - still the same, unfortunately.
>
>             Regards,
>
>             On Thu, 16 Jun 2022 at 13:29, Sergiu Pojoga
>             <pojogas at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>                 Have you tried calling *t_save_lumps()* before
>                 relaying, even before RR?
>
>                 On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 7:59 AM Ilie Soltanici
>                 <iliusha.md at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>                     Hello,
>
>                     Is there any way to advertise a different IP
>                     Address in the Record-Route header individually
>                     per branch?
>
>                     I have a setup here - where Kamailio is listening
>                     on 2 different interfaces: Local IP and External
>                     IP. At the moment if the packet is coming through
>                     the internal interface - I'm checking where is it
>                     going to and based on that I'm setting the
>                     Record-Route header accordingly - and everything
>                     works well, except when I have multiple branches:
>                     one going through the internal interface and
>                     another one through the external one, so in this
>                     case, I have to add a different record-route
>                     header per branch, by doing this in the
>                     branch_route - it's not working and getting the
>                     error: w_record_route_advertised_address(): Double
>                     attempt to record-route.
>
>                     What would be another way to accomplish this?

Kamailio Advanced Training - Online: June 20-23, 2022
  * https://www.asipto.com/sw/kamailio-advanced-training-online/