[SR-Users] Kamailio call flows with Asterisk

Yuriy Gorlichenko ovoshlook at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 23:33:18 CET 2022

This might be tricky to move fast  registrations from the asterisk to
kamailio if asterisk for example,  handles a lot of logic and used as
presence service and queues manager.
The other approach  might work here: to go with kamailio as a load balancer
between asterisks but keep registrations of all users across the asterisks
first till migration of other functionality will be done. Usable scenario
in that case - to share registration of the user between multiple asterisks
using kamailio.

However regarding trunks: kamailio is a good candidate to be used as
entrypoint for trunks and as main point for outgoing calls from the trunks.
It can handle as IP2IP based relationship as registration based ( see UAC
module ).

If your providers allow you to send RTP traffic from specific ips but not
from ip of the endpoint SIP message came from - you can run rtp directly
from the asterisks.

*Annoying mode on
Asterisk is not an RTP proxy in any case
*Annoying mode off