[SR-Users] Kamailio call flows with Asterisk

Henning Westerholt hw at gilawa.com
Wed Jan 5 17:39:43 CET 2022

Hello,

there are of course many options depending on your requirements etc..

But if your infrastructure has grown over a certain size, then common architectures are:

- using kamailio of load balancer in front of asterisk for security/scalability
- using kamailio additionally to handle also certain SIP applications, like registration handling

Again, generalization - Kamailio should handle the registration more scalable and more reliable as asterisk.

Cheers,

Henning

--
Henning Westerholt – https://skalatan.de/blog/