[SR-Users] SEMS license with kamailio and rtpengine

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Feb 9 08:12:58 CET 2022

> 8 feb. 2022 kl. 17:51 skrev Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com>:
>
> You do not need to purchase a licence to incorporate SEMS into a service platform to sell telephony to customers. You may not, however, sell SEMS per se.

That’s wrong. You may sell GPL-licensed software. But if you changed the code, the GPL forces you to make the source of the code available to your customers under GPL, should they request it.

There are many boxes out there selling with Asterisk in it, with Asterisk still under GPL.

Only if you changed SEMS code and want to sell it under a non-GPL commercial license you will need to discuss licensing with the license holders.

/O