[SR-Users] Intermittent delays relaying BYE (up to 1s)

Lewis Hutchinson lewis.hutchinson at missionlabs.co.uk
Wed Aug 31 12:00:00 CEST 2022

Ok so making progress but still a little confused, hopefully this forum can shed some light on this behaviour.

Using the hints provided (thanks all so far) and the latency logging from the cookbook I have managed to isolate the issue down to RTPengine introducing the delay.

INFO: app_python3 [apy_kemi.c:1820]: sr_apy_kemi_exec_func(): alert - action KSR.rtpengine.rtpengine_manage(...) took too long [1003089 ms] (file:(null) func:(null) line:252)

What is confusing is, I don't believe this block should be being called.

when the BYE is triggered, it routes to ksr_route_withindlg

        # handle requests within SIP dialogs

        if self.ksr_route_withindlg(msg)==-255 :

            return 1

from within the ksr_route_withindlg a check is done to see if any RTPengine work needs doing

    # Handle requests within SIP dialogs

    def ksr_route_withindlg(self, msg):

        if KSR.siputils.has_totag()<0 :

            return 1

        # RTPEngine handling for UPDATES & reINVITES with sdp

        if self.ksr_route_rtpengine(msg) == -255:

            return 1

RTPengine is configured in a way to step in whenever there is an SDP present based on Content-Type: application/sdp

    # RTPengine handle anything with SDP

    def ksr_route_rtpengine(self, msg):

        if KSR.textops.has_body_type("application/sdp"):

           KSR.rtpengine.rtpengine_manage(

               "RTP/AVP replace-session-connection replace-origin ICE=remove")

        return 1

What I can understand is why is this being called and erroring introducing the delay when there is no Content-Type: application/sdp in a BYE ???

As a quick fix I have put this in which stops the problem (I am sure there is better ways to handle this but for now this works in a DEV environment)

    def ksr_route_rtpengine(self, msg):

        if KSR.is_BYE():

           return 1

        if KSR.textops.has_body_type("application/sdp"):

           KSR.rtpengine.rtpengine_manage(

               "RTP/AVP replace-session-connection replace-origin ICE=remove")

        return 1

Can anyone see why this would occur? Why is sr_apy_kemi_exec_func(): alert - action KSR.rtpengine.rtpengine_manage(...) even being called for this BYE ? when there is no Content-Type: application/sdp

Lewis