[SR-Users] packets exceeding MTU size

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 12:08:02 CEST 2022

Hello,

first: 5.2.5 is really old by now and not maintained, it is not easy
anymore to get proper answers for questions related to it. You should
upgrade to a recent release.

Kamailio has nothing to do with defragmentation of incoming UDP packets,
it is the kernel/ip stack doing it. If it is done, then Kamailio
received the entire UDP message.

You should run with debug=3 and see if Kamailio prints log messages
related to processing the SIP request. If not, then Kamailio didn't
receive it, either because it was not forwarded by kernel/ip stack or
kamailio is busy doing something else (which should be somehow visbile
from the log messages or run 'kamctl trap' to get the gdb backtraces for
all kamailio processes and look into the stored file).