[SR-Users] Getting "uac.reg_add" to work (documentation unclarities)

Ross McKillop ross at rsmck.co.uk
Thu Apr 28 10:55:21 CEST 2022

>> You could try to add a "s:" in front of this variables.
>
> That worked.  And it's one that I will put into any script wrapper.

That’s worth remembering, thanks, I gave up trying to do this a while ago and worked around it another way/

> Other things are still not clear [from the documentation alone]:
> - auth_proxy, does it want udp: or sip: prefixes, or is it just host[:port] ?

Wants the sip: proxy

> - expires, in seconds I presume ?

Yes

Explained in 8.2 here https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/uac.html

> - reg_delay, I suppose that delays registration, in seconds ?

Yes, delays the initial registration but it’s a minimum, sometimes it will be more

> - socket, is it like udp:host[:port] or udp:ip[:port] or some other form ?

udp:ip:port

> All this is unclear from the current documentation.

I wonder if you’re looking at an older version of the documentation, most of it is here https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/uac.html <https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/uac.html> but some of the older documents had some bits lacking iirc.

Best,
Ross