[SR-Users] Kamailio stop processing SIP in high call load with dlg replication via DMQ

José Seabra joseseabra4 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 00:39:47 CEST 2022

Hi there,

I've two kamailio servers sharing dlg vars between them and I've noticed
that during high call load (~50-70 CPS) the kamailio that is processing all
the calls and sharing the dialogs with the other kamailio, stops processing
SIP.

If I set the parameter enable_dmq to 0 I cannot replicate the issue so I
assume that it's related to dialog replication through DMQ.

*Kamailio version: *5.4.7 - I've tested with recent versions but the issue
remains
*Configurations of Kamailio_1:*

# ----- dialog params -----
modparam("dialog", "dlg_flag", FLD_DLG)
modparam("dialog", "dlg_match_mode", 1)
modparam("dialog", "enable_dmq", 1)
modparam("dialog", "h_id_start", 1000)
modparam("dialog", "h_id_step", 6000)

# ----- dmq params -----
modparam("dmq", "server_address", "sip:INTERNAL_INSTANCE_IP:5060")
modparam("dmq", "notification_address", "DMQ_NOTIFICATION_ADDRESS")

modparam("dmq", "multi_notify", 1)
modparam("dmq", "ping_interval", 10)
modparam("dmq", "num_workers",4)

*Configurations of Kamailio_2:*

# ----- dialog params -----
modparam("dialog", "dlg_flag", FLD_DLG)
modparam("dialog", "dlg_match_mode", 1)
modparam("dialog", "enable_dmq", 1)
modparam("dialog", "h_id_start", 5000)
modparam("dialog", "h_id_step", 6000)

# ----- dmq params -----
modparam("dmq", "server_address", "sip:INTERNAL_INSTANCE_IP:5060")
modparam("dmq", "notification_address", "DMQ_NOTIFICATION_ADDRESS")

modparam("dmq", "multi_notify", 1)
modparam("dmq", "ping_interval", 10)
modparam("dmq", "num_workers",4)

In this link you can find the kamctl trap
<https://textbin.net/quykw71nyl>output
after kamailio stop processing SIP.

Thank you
Best Regards