[SR-Users] t_relay changing source IP?

Brooks Bridges bbridges at call48.com
Tue Oct 26 00:15:12 CEST 2021

So we have a box that's bound to all interfaces on the server, and one specific IP address (that is an HA IP), and I've run into a bit of an odd behavior that I cannot explain.

For 99.9999% of our traffic, the invites come into the HA IP, and then are forwareded out the HA IP to an SBC for further processing.  In a very rare instance however, I have found that there is an invite coming in the HA IP, and for some unknown reason it gets forwarded out the *interface* ip instead of the HA IP.

For example:

Working:
1.2.3.4 -- invite --> 9.8.7.6 (ha IP) -- invite --> 5.6.7.8 (sbc)

Non working:
1.2.3.4 -- invite --> 9.8.7.6 (ha IP) *something happens here* 9.8.7.5 (interface IP) -- invite --> 5.6.7.8 (sbc)

I've been through tm, tmx, and the incoming invite of a working and non working request with a fine toothed comb and I cannot for the life of me explain this behavior.  Any thoughts?
Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, and any attachment to it, contains privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity named on the e-mail. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that reading this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately return it to the sender and delete it from your system.