[SR-Users] Missing line in line.count transformation

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 09:28:20 CEST 2021

Hello,

can you try with the patch from commit:

  *
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/commit/eaec3aaac227eb4a8c48f93b45565d15d4a0a991

If works, then I will backport.

The transformation is designed for working with lines in sip message
that are terminated with CRLF, by searching for LF (\n) to cover the
unix/dos. If you want to remove \r, there is a string trim
transformation. I haven't seen lines finished only with \r flowing in
the SIP world, but feel free to add new features in the code and propose
pull requests via github project portal.

On 06.10.21 16:45, Daniel Donoghue wrote:
> I think I’ve found an edge case with the string transformations for
> line.count:
>
> In pv_trans.c, the following code does not appear to consider the last
> line if there are multiple lines and the last one is not terminated
> with \n.
>
> case TR_LINE_COUNT:
>     n=0;
>     for(i=0; i<val->rs.len; i++)
>         if(val->rs.s[i]=='\n')
>             n++;
>     if(n==0 && val->rs.len>0)
>         n = 1;
>     val->flags = PV_TYPE_INT|PV_VAL_INT|PV_VAL_STR;
>     val->ri = n;
>     val->rs.s = int2str(val->ri, &val->rs.len);
>     break;
>
> This means that my count is always one off unless I force a blank line
> at the end of my string.
>

> Also, this code does not cater for cases where there is a different
> line terminator, such as CR or CRLF as is the case when the string
> comes from a Mac or windows system, respectively; it might be useful
> to have a transformation for doing that as I’ve had to hack it using
> s.replace with hexadecimal escape codes (\r and \n do not work) in a
> variable.
>

> With every blessing,
>> Daniel Donoghue

Kamailio Advanced Training - Online
Nov 08-11, 2021 (Europe Timezone) - Nov 22-25, 2021 (America Timezone)
  * https://www.asipto.com/sw/kamailio-advanced-training-online/