[SR-Users] Collecting stats from Kamailio.cfg using Kamailio_exporter Prometheus

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Wed May 26 21:54:19 CEST 2021

Hello Hisham,

Yes, you can. Here are the steps:
 1. load the jsonrpcs and jansson module,
 2. collect your data using the jsonrpc_exec() function,
 3. handle the data using the jansson methods,
 4. store the data in a new metric(s) using the prom_gauge_set() function.

Then let the prometheus scrape the metrics and use grafana to plot them.
Enjoy!

https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/jsonrpcs.html
https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/jansson.html

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 9:00 AM Hisham Ahmad Jan
<hisham.jan at haditelecom.com> wrote:

> Hi Arsen,
> Thank you for the reply.
>
> Just a quick little question.
>
> Previously, I had installed NodeRed on my Kamamilio to show total calls. For that, I also enabled a JSON RPC module which used to collect data and show it on NodeRed. My question is, can I use kamailio_exporter to scrape data onto Prometheus from the same JSON RPC script running for NodeRed? Or, do I need to rewrite a new script/code for Kamailio_exporter to scrape data?
>

> Regards,
> Hisham Jan
> VoIP Engineer
>
> 0322-6398775
>

> On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 7:30 PM Arsen Semenov <arsperger at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Hisham,
>>
>> Yes you can use it for monitoring total calls handled by kamailio.
>>
>> In kamailio you need to configure dialog module and make sure you run kamailio_exporter with dlg.stats_active enabled.
>>
>> On Tue, 25 May 2021 at 6:57 PM, Hisham Ahmad Jan <hisham.jan at haditelecom.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm using Kamailio version 5.3.7 with DISPATCHER module and I would like to integrate my kamailio with a kamailio_exporter for monitoring using Prometheus server.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to collect data such as the number of total calls (inbound, outbound) and plot time-graphs using those stats?
>>> If so, what modules/functions would I need apart from the Dispatcher module to be able to have efficient results?
>>>
>>> Any degree of help will be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Hisham Jan
>>> VoIP Engineer
>>>
>>> 0322-6398775