[SR-Users] Video transcode for doorbell

Luke Kenny lckenny at outlook.com
Fri May 21 09:31:35 CEST 2021

I have a SIP video doorbell device that is only capable of sending H264 and MJPEG video.  The site is using 3CX and its associated mobile app, which only supports VP8 and VP9.

Without properly reading the documentation, I went ahead and set up kamailio and rtpengine to sit in between the doorbell and 3CX.  I has assumed rtpengine was capable of transcoding video as well as audio, however upon proper inspection it appears that isn't the case.

Is there a kamailio module that is capable of video transcoding, even if it isn't real time, or at a reduced framerate?  As the application is a doorbell, it doesn't need to be perfect.

Many thanks,
Luke Kenny