[SR-Users] Best way to ignore HTTP requests

Ben Kaufman ben.kaufman at altigen.com
Thu Mar 11 17:19:29 CET 2021

I’m sorry – I should have been more clear in what I was looking at.

As a brief summary of the ‘problem’, I see items like this in my logs intermittently (a few times a day):

***
20(3085) ERROR: <core> [core/tcp_read.c:1531]: tcp_read_req(): bad request, state=7, error=4 buf:
GET / HTTP/1.0

parsed:
GET / HTTP/1.0

24(3089) ERROR: <core> [core/tcp_read.c:1531]: tcp_read_req(): bad request, state=7, error=4 buf:
GET http://clientapi.ipip.net/echo.php?info=20210311155950 HTTP/1.1
Host: clientapi.ipip.net
Accept: */*
Pragma: no-cache
***

So, this is just (likely) random scanning from the internet.   I mostly just want to remove much of this info from my log files.  I’m not serving http on this port.  The question about $rP was mostly looking to ignore GET, POST, etc., but I understand that this won’t work due to the fact that it’s message parsing that fails.  I was just looking for a way to discard and ignore the bad message rather than trying to process it.

Regards,

Ben Kaufman
ben.kaufman at altigen.com<mailto:ben.kaufman at altigen.com>
Director of Cloud Operations