[SR-Users] How to get Stir/Shaken certificates

Benoît Panizzon benoit.panizzon at imp.ch
Thu Jul 22 16:31:10 CEST 2021

Hi

> You need first to register with STI-PA (Policy Administrator), in
> order to receive a token to obtain further certificates from an
> approved Certification Authority.
> In the US STI-PA is Iconectiv, in Canada - Neustar. Please check that
> link https://authenticate.iconectiv.com/

Thank you for that link. This is very interesting.

We receive an increasing number of calls from spoofed US numbers in
Switzerland. Mostly tech support scams. I was pondering if there is a
way to validate them via STIR/SHAKEN.

We try to filter out invalid +1 prefixes and lengths, but that is a
rather fuzzy thing to do.

So it would be great, if we could implement STIR/SHAKEN to validate
received calls from the +1 prefix.

Unfortunately to register for a STI-PA account, only TSP with an
address in he United States are allowed. Do you know if there is a way
to register as a Swiss Ofcom registered TSP?

(And yes, I am aware that signature signalling also has to be
implemented but we have to start somewhere).

Hopefully STIR/SHAKEN can in future be deployed on a global level.
Germany and UK would also benefit a lot, seeing also a lot of spoofed
calls with their prefixes.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen

-Benoît Panizzon- @ HomeOffice und normal erreichbar
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden