[SR-Users] pipelimit with a kamailio cluster

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 09:10:59 CET 2021

Hello,

pipelimit works only with a single instance, everything in memory, it
does not have any storage or replication. It targets to catch high
rates, like thousands of requests per seconds, in such case doing the
replication will add delays, so the measurement won't be accurate across
many nodes anyhow.

If you deal with lower rates, then you can use htable module, which has
dmq replication. You can define a hash table with the expire interval
you need for rates, then you have functions/variables to count number of
items in the hash table. Probably something like this can be implemented
with a redis server as well.

Otherwise, there is no hard limit of number of pipes for pipelimit.

Funding: https://www.paypal.me/dcmierla