[SR-Users] pipelimit with a kamailio cluster

Daniel Donoghue daniel.donoghue at freespee.com
Tue Feb 16 08:38:59 CET 2021

Hello,

I have 2 stateful kamailio servers that receive incoming requests, load balanced across the 2 servers by our carrier trunk partners (outside of our control).

I am looking at putting certain invites from these trunks into pipelimit to rate limit under some conditions but I have some questions:

1. How will pipelimit establish rates when requests can come in to either of my servers?

2. If pipelimit decides it is time to limit the requests, will both servers respect that limit?

3. does pipelimit rely on a db or can it use dmq, redis or other methods for cross-server communication?

4. Is there a maximum number of pipes that can be defined?

Hope somebody can help me answer these questions.

With every blessing,
—
Daniel Donoghue