[SR-Users] R-R to MS Teams Proxy

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 16:20:19 CET 2021

On 11.02.21 14:52, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> The address, port and protocol are taken from listen socket by the usual
>> record_route() function, they are known.
> Yes, that is what I'm normally using.
>
>>> I haven't tested yet, if I only give host, will record_route_preset()
>>> add both port and transport automatically based on which socket is used
>>> to send the request out.
>> In the case of record_route_preset(), it is the parameters that have to
>> set them, address, port and transport, it is nothing added related to them.
> Yes, and that complicates matters.  That's why I proposed the
> possibility to tell to record_route() to use FQDN instead of IP address.

The record_route_preset() is supposed to offer the flexibility of
setting the address part in RR headers via variables. I do not see how
the record_route() can be better variant, because it will end up in the
same kind functionality: for which to use the FQDN? For first of the
second Record-Route header, or for both?

These are conditions that are made in configuration file, based on
routing needs, when deciding what socket to use and where to send. There
are variables that give access to receiving socket ip/port or sending
socket.

I used record_route_preset() with variables and additional parameters,
adding everything at once, even when using rtpengine/rtpproxy. Including
for the MS Teams interconnect proxy instances I built. So I didn't need
the add_rr_param() at all, by that not noticing is not working here. The
add_rr_param() is useful with record_route() because it is not know what
IP/addresses to add in the headers, thus they cannot be added like for
record_route_preset(). Note that record_route_preset() can be used in
branch_route(), after the rtpengine/rtpproxy is engaged, which might be
even required for cases of serial forking.

Anyhow, the record_route_preset() had a condition on additional rr
parameters, but it was actually not using the value. I just pushed a
commit that should fix it. I did some basic testing, see if works for you.

Funding: https://www.paypal.me/dcmierla