[SR-Users] Time elapsed since previous message.

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Feb 10 20:26:38 CET 2021

Wouldn’t it make more sense to just have an aggressive timeout for the “keeping it there” aspect?

That is, if, upon receipt of a non-100 1xx message, a final dispositive reply does not follow within X seconds, route-advance to the next provider? This can be accomplished with the t_set_fr/t_reset_fr() technique previously discussed.

It sounds like you might be making this unnecessarily complicated. :-) Don’t worry about how quickly they send you the progress/alerting messages; instead, worry about how slowly they send you anything else afterward.

The only wrinkle I can see that in that is the caller experience...

—
Sent from mobile, with due apologies for brevity and errors.