[SR-Users] Features of Kamailio as SBC

Mojtaba mespio at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 10:27:33 CET 2021

I also have written some applications which use some of its SBC
capabilities.
I feel so happy that the SEMS works powerfully in signaling mode. For some
reason, I don't anchor RTP sessions to SEMS and use a media server in
Kamailio (LRKProxy).
Because of the elasticity of each item, you might find some unusual manner
in Sems, they are quite a topic that has no effect on Sems's overall
behavior. For these cases, you can have contributions in solving them or
using Kamailio.

On Sun, Dec 26, 2021 at 11:17 AM Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:

> Alex Balashov writes:
>
> > I use SEMS myself and like it very much. It’s sad to see it fall away
> > and I regret that I personally lack the resources to prop it
> > up. Nevertheless, I think it’s a fact that it’s not a dependable input
> > in a future-proof way for lack of active public development and (much)
> > maintenance. I think in the most optimistic view it is merely “very
> > unpolished”.
>
> I too feel sad that SEMS development has stalled to minimal maintenance
> level.  I have written numerous applications from scratch using SEMS's
> DSM scripts (call center, conference, voicemail, ivr apps, charging,
> ...)  plus I'm using some of its SBC capabilities.  As long as there is
> no alternative, for me it is the only way to go.
>
> -- Juha

--Mojtaba Esfandiari.S