[SR-Users] Features of Kamailio as SBC

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Sun Dec 26 08:46:46 CET 2021

Alex Balashov writes:

> I use SEMS myself and like it very much. It’s sad to see it fall away
> and I regret that I personally lack the resources to prop it
> up. Nevertheless, I think it’s a fact that it’s not a dependable input
> in a future-proof way for lack of active public development and (much)
> maintenance. I think in the most optimistic view it is merely “very
> unpolished”.

I too feel sad that SEMS development has stalled to minimal maintenance
level.  I have written numerous applications from scratch using SEMS's
DSM scripts (call center, conference, voicemail, ivr apps, charging,
...)  plus I'm using some of its SBC capabilities.  As long as there is
no alternative, for me it is the only way to go.

-- Juha