[SR-Users] Issue Bug in SEMS (transparent SBC profile)

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Sun Dec 19 14:39:38 CET 2021

Mojtaba writes:

> Yes, I agree with you, This is an exception related to 401(Unauthorized)
> and 407 (Proxy Authentication Required) responses.
> In these situations, The CSeq header field value should be
> incremented.

SEMS SBC does support SIP authentication, but looks like not in
transparent mode.  From Readme.sbc.txt:

SIP authentication
------------------
The SBC can perform SIP digest authentication. To use SIP authentication, the
uac_auth module needs to be loaded.

SIP authentication is enabled by the following parameters, separately for both
call legs:

# Authentication for B leg (second/callee leg):
   enable_auth       "yes" or "no"
   auth_user         authentication user
   auth_pwd          authentication password
# Authentication for A leg (first/caller leg):
   enable_aleg_auth  "yes" or "no"
   auth_aleg_user    authentication user
   auth_aleg_pwd     authentication password

Note: The 'A' leg is always the first leg, the one from the caller. 'B' leg is
the one to callee:
 caller <--- A (first) leg ---> SEMS <--- B (second) leg ---> callee

Example:
  enable_auth=yes
  auth_user=$H(P-Auth-B-User)
  auth_pwd=$H(P-Auth-B-Pwd)
  enable_aleg_auth=yes
  auth_aleg_user=$H(P-Auth-A-User)
  auth_aleg_pwd=$H(P-Auth-A-Pwd)

Perhaps yeti-switch/sems-yeti can do it also in transparent mode.

-- Juha