[SR-Users] uac module - use htable instead of database

Karsten Horsmann khorsmann at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 12:53:37 CET 2021

Hi Markus,

with an db its easier and re-register is working fine automatically.

But https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.5.x/modules/uac.html#uac.f.uac_auth
for authentication INVITES
and uac_req_send (to form REGISTER messages) and a route to challenge
response maybe possible.

Its then "building" the stuff uac normally did automatically manual.
Didnt test that but - its an kamailio script - so the sky is the limit.

Am Fr., 17. Dez. 2021 um 12:37 Uhr schrieb Markus Bönke <mb at tenios.de>:

> Hello all,
>
> we want to use the "remote registrations feature" of the uac module to let
> kamailio register with other sip providers. As far as I see the module
> works only with a database backend. As our kamailio script should be
> independent from a database, a solution could be to load the configuration
> on startup (and refresh it periodically) from a database view into a htable
> and then trigger the remote registrations based on the expiration of the
> htable columns.
>
> Could something like this be implemented by using the uac module or by an
> other workaround ? Or does it require some enhancements in the uac module ?
>
> Thanks and regards
>
> Markus

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
*Karsten Horsmann*