[SR-Users] RTP Proxy with Local IP and Public IP

Vijo Jose vijo.jose40 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 20:54:15 CET 2021

Hai Everyone.

I have configured the RTP Proxy with Kamailio SIP Proxy Server.

Where I have my Kamailio is configured with private IP 10.0.0.1 and Public
UP 103.XX.XX.XX

and the SIP user is connecting with RTP proxy with local IP 10.0.0.1 to
register.

I also have a SIP Asterisk server on the public Internet with IP
90.XX.XX.XX that makes the call to sipuser at 103.XX.XX.XX:5060 which is
coming on the sip proxy server and the sip proxy server forwards those
packets to the SIP user who is registered with local IP 10.0.0.5.

Once the call is answered the RTP is started to send from the SIP server to
the SIP Proxy server over the public IP from 90.XX.XX.XX to 103.XX.XX.XX
which is working as expected. But from the sip user 10.0.0.5 the RTP is
flowing to Proxy server public IP 103.XX.XX.XX instead of RTP Proxy server
Localip 10.0.0.1.

How can we configure the same?

Presently I have started my RTP proxy server with command

/usr/local/bin/rtpproxy -F -A 103.XX.XXXX -l 10.0.0.1 -m 10000 -M 20000 -s
udp:127.0.0.1:7722 -d DBUG:LOG_LOCAL5

Thanks in advance.