[SR-Users] Manipulation of request-line

Mihovil Kolaric mihovil.kolaric at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 20:17:30 CET 2021

Hi,

I have an issue with a SIP-client, that occasionally puts a blank between
the version SIP/2.0 and the CRLF at the and of the request-line. (i.e.
sends "ACK <uri> SIP/2.0 \r\n" instead of "ACK <uri> SIP/2.0\r\n").
Kamailio (as well as most SIP UAs) does not care about that error and
successfully processes/forwards the request (also when using
sanity_check()). But I also deal with a client that fails to parse that
request. (Furthermore, wireshark's dissector fails to recognize such
malformed messages as SIP, which makes debugging even harder).

I tried to fix this issue using textops, but all functions I tried operate
only on headers or message body, but do not seem to affect the request
line.
Is there any possibility to modify the request-line, or to replace it with
a new one?

Best Regards,
Mihovil