[SR-Users] Is this idea even feasible?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at kamailio.open.source.it
Wed Aug 18 18:19:01 CEST 2021

On Wednesday 18 August 2021 at 17:18:20, Fred Posner wrote:

> I think the overwhelming response from the group at large is that what
> you are looking to do is best handled through a variety of b2bua programs.

Yes, I understand that.  My responses to these suggestions have largely been
based on people who are experts with these B2BUAs telling me specifically that
they can NOT do what I want.

A B2BUA can definitely do all the call processing I want, but internally.

I need something which can *instruct the existing PBX* to do it.  That's the
bit which Raúl in particular did not seem to grasp.

> I would highly recommend that for assistance with the next step, you
> reach out to the communities for those systems, such as Asterisk,
> FreeSWITCH, PJProject, etc.

I have not yet asked FreeSwitch, but the responses from the Asterisk and PJSIP
projects indicate that their software cannot achieve what I am looking for.

I shall continue my search, and I definitely accept that Kamailio is not the
right tool.

> Respectfully,

Thank you - that is appreciated.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Wanted: telepath.   You know where to apply.