[SR-Users] SRTP/TLS BYE Problem with One of the Legs of the Call

conradcordeiro at gmail.com conradcordeiro at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 05:59:17 CEST 2020

Hello,

Thank you for your reading this and for your help.

I'm a Kamailio newbie and managed to set up an edge proxy, which works
perfectly on UDP traffic. I'm now attempting to deploy TLS/SRTP and
everything almost works perfectly. The single issue I'm having is that
when either of the parties to an SRTP/TLS call disconnect, the other
party's call remains active. With UDP, when one of the parties
disconnects the call, the other leg of the call receives the BYE command
and the call automatically disconnects.

This is how I have our infrastructure set up:

1. Twilio SIP Trunk with Secure Media enabled.

2. Kamailio 5.4.1 set up with TLS module, set to listen on TLS port
5061, SSL certificates from Let's Encrypt, route set to our phone system.

3. Phone system is Asterisk.

As per above, everything works almost perfectly with TLS/SRTP. The only
issue is that calls will not disconnect when one of the sides hang up.
If I disable TLS/SRTP and use UDP only, everything works.

Audio is just fine with TLS/SRTP.

Does anyone know why calls with SRTP/TLS will not disconnect
automatically when one of the parties ends the call?

Thank you,

Conrad