[SR-Users] Kamailio used as proxy for Conference factories

David Villasmil david.villasmil.work at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 10:33:42 CEST 2020

Hello,

I would recommend using the classic Kamailio/freeSWITCH combination. You’d
use Kamailio as the load-balancing and signaling server (like an SBC) to
the public. And freeSWITCH behind for the conference application.

There are many many how-to’s out there.

It also depends whether you will be doing authentication/authorization for
your users or the call incoming will already have been
authenticated/authorized. If the later is the case, you’d probably just
need to integrate FS with your backend api for conference creation, etc. If
the former then you’d probably want to integrate kamailio/freeswitch more
tightly for user authentication, etc.

Take a look at
https://www.kamailio.org/w/2010/11/freeswitch-as-media-server-and-sbc-for-kamailio-3-1/

Even though the kamailio version on that tutorial is pretty old, most of
the content still applies. Take a read and let us know any questions you
might have.

Hope that helps.

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 at 08:33, Adrian Tabacioiu <adi.tabacioiu at c-s.ro> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I am new in this VOIP field, yet I have to make a decision in using a SIP
> proxy that would allow the configuration of multiple conference factories,
> make load balancing when creating new conference, and provide presence
> information related to active conferences.
>

> Can you please tell me if this is possible with Kamailio, and give me some
> reference to a module or some documentation that would relate to that ?
>

> Thank you in advance.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Adrian Tabacioiu

Regards,