[SR-Users] worker processes

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 12:17:44 CEST 2020

Hello,

note that other processes are created by kamailio, not only sip worker
processes. For example, there will be timer processes.

The dedicated worker processes are only for UDP sockets, not for tcp/tls
(here is a single pool of workers for all tcp/tls sockets). If you do
not receive traffic on a specific udp socket, then do not listen to it,
you have a group of processes not doing anything. If you need to listen
on a socket, but have less traffic (e.g., used for monitoring), then use
workers parameter before listen, so you get less worker processes for
that udp socket.

Funding: https://www.paypal.me/dcmierla