[SR-Users] worker processes

Ali Taher ataher at vanrise.com
Tue Sep 1 12:03:01 CEST 2020

Hi,

I just want to ask regarding the children number and listening interfaces set in Kamailio configuration.

I am given to understand that the total number of worker processes there will be (children_setting * listeners) , so assuming I have set children=12 and listen=udp:172.16.1.12:5060 (which is the interface IP where the SIP packets as received), in this case there will be 12 worker processes and 12 database connections to postgresql (I'm using SQLOPS).
My question is if I set listen=udp:0.0.0.0:5060 , knowing that I have 3 interfaces, in this case the number of worker processes will be 36. Is this good configuration ? will the other 24 processes be used or they are reserved to the 2 other interfaces which are not receiving any SIP packets and then will be useless ?

Regards,
Ali Taher