[SR-Users] Load balance on HA scenario

Yufei Tao yufei.tao at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 11:43:53 CEST 2020

Hi Duarte,

I'm not sure if your situation is more complicated than mine. I have two
dispatcher nodes in the HA setup, with real IPs say IPa, IPb. They share a
floating/virtual IP, let's call it VIP.

Both nodes listen to the VIP (not its real IP), and use the VIP as the
dispatcher's socket. In this case the master node which has the VIP can
always send OPTIONS pings fine.

My problem was with the backup node, which doesn't have the VIP so fails to
send OPTIONS pings. Joel Serrano gave a good suggestion: both nodes start
up with polling disabled, and only when a node turns master it enables the
polling. This has solved my problem.

Cheers,
Yufei