[SR-Users] Load balance on HA scenario

Joel Serrano joel at textplus.com
Tue Oct 20 16:25:46 CEST 2020

Yes. I do exactly this but with an extra step:

1.  I have the default Kamailio dispatcher pings disabled.

2. I have the Kamailio init route check if we have the floating IP locally,
if we do in startup that route will run the rpc cmd to enable pings.

3. On floating IP switchover, keepalived (or whatever) tells Kamailio also
to enable pings.

This way, you only have pings from the active node, and you don’t have
warnings in the passive node. (and yes, I also set the socket to the
floating IP in the dispatcher records).

Cheers,
Joel.