[SR-Users] Load balance on HA scenario

Yufei Tao yufei.tao at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 12:38:18 CEST 2020

Hi Duarte,

Not sure if I understand it correctly but are you trying to set up an HA
pair of dispatchers?

If so I am doing it differently in that, I use the Virtual/floating IP
(VIP) as socket. This way the master node (which has got the VIP) can send
OPTIONs pings out fine but the backup node won't be able to send.
Functionally it is fine, but the backup node keeps logging errors because
it doesn't have the VIP:

ERROR: <core> [core/udp_server.c:599]: udp_send(): sendto(sock, buf:
0x7f0e6b54e2e0, len: 372, 0, dst: (192.168.213.143:5060), tolen: 16) -
err: Network is unreachable (101)
ERROR: tm [../../core/forward.h:231]: msg_send_buffer(): udp_send failed

When FO happens, the backup node becomes master and takes the VIP, and it
functions correctly. But I haven't worked out how to avoid the ERROR
loggings on the backup node. Maybe someone else has any better
ideas/suggestions?

Cheers,
Yufei