[SR-Users] Local cache registration

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 15:19:59 CEST 2020

If you do not have access to credentials on Kamailio, how do you want to
authenticate registrations coming every 5min? If you want to reuse the
auth headers from the 1-hour based registration, then you create a big
security problem, normally nonce is valid very short time to avoid reply
and offline brute force attacks.

Note that Kamailio can connect to other databases+tables to fetch
username and password, it doesn't have to be "subscriber" style. You can
customize table name and column names. For example, it can connect to
asterisk realtime database to fetch the password from "secret" column.

Funding: https://www.paypal.me/dcmierla