[SR-Users] help: can anybody give me a configuration template of SBC?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 10:21:29 CET 2020

Hello,

On 17.11.20 07:40, Steve Davies wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Nov 2020 at 08:37, 陈理军 <chenlijun at bjcktech.com
> <mailto:chenlijun at bjcktech.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi
>     I want to configure Kamailio SIP server to act as a SBC.
>     I had read the article of Kamailio working as SBC to connect MS
>     Team project:
>     https://skalatan.de/en/blog/kamailio-sbc-teams
>     <https://skalatan.de/en/blog/kamailio-sbc-teams>
>     But I can not find the kamailio.cfg file for this scenario.
>
>     Can anybody give me a configuration template of SBC?
>

> I suspect that if you ask this question on the Kamailio list you will
> be asked to define the term "SBC".

indeed, defining what an SBC is matters a lot, but even when listing all
the features you want/expect, it is very improbable that someone will
send a full out-of-the configuration file. The approach is to start
building it step by stem and use the mailing list to help sort out
things when you are stuck.

The default kamailio.cfg or the example config in dispatcher module are
good starting points. Look also inside misc/examples/, there are plenty
of configs there that can be used for learning or extracting parts to
build a new config.

Then you can come with specific questions, like: I want topology hiding,
is that possible? Which is quick and easy to answer by community
members: yes, look at topoh or topos modules.

Funding: https://www.paypal.me/dcmierla