[SR-Users] Proxy configuration that exit dialog afer INVITE -> OK

Yufei Tao yufei.tao at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 15:04:51 CET 2020

Hi,

Here's an example kamailio.cfg that uses record_route so in-dialog requests
will go through the Kamailio proxy:
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/blob/master/etc/kamailio.cfg
There are many other example cfg files:
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/tree/master/misc/examples

Any server that wants to see the in-dialog messages needs to add itself to
the record route list when receiving the initial INVITE for example. If a
server is not in the list of record routes, then in-dialog requests will
not be sent to the server. Headers that are most important in terms of
routing are R-URI, Route, Record-Route, Contact, Via.

Via header is for routing responses, while Record-Route is for in-dialog
requests.

I've put a few tips and some resources here about starting with Kamailio,
which hopefully may help you a bit:
http://tao-communications-ltd.simplesite.com/447576389

Cheers,
Yufei

>* Message: 7
*>* Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2020 12:26:16 +0200
*>* From: "Adrian Tabacioiu" <Adi.Tabacioiu at c-s.ro
*>* To: sr-users at lists.kamailio.org
*>* Subject: [SR-Users] Proxy configuration that exit dialog afer INVITE
*>*         -> OK
*>>>* Hello all,
*>>* Am I new in the usage of kamailio, sorry if I ask somehow something simple
*>* or terribly wrong .
*>>* I need to test a configuration of Kamailio which exit the dialog between
*>* UA after the first OK (that means it will not receive the following ACK,
*>* BYE).
*>>* I understand that in theory this is possible in two configuration types:
*>* - no Record Route header
*>* - or stateless proxy
*>>* First question:
*>* Am I correct with the choices above?
*>* Can I find example configuration for this two modes ?
*>>* Question 2:
*>* two or more proxy should be inter-connected, removing the Record Route
*>* header would interfere with proxy routing ? (should not the "Via"
*>* information be sufficient?)
*>>* Thank you in advance for help.
*>>* Best regards,
*>* Adrian Tabacioiu