[SR-Users] How to ensure separate kamailio instances dispatchers make the same decision?

George Diamantopoulos georgediam at gmail.com
Wed May 20 19:41:42 CEST 2020

Hello all,

I need to have two separate kamailio instances' dispatcher modules make the
same decisions when using algorithm 7 (hash over pvar). What do I need to
do to ensure this?

Note that for design reasons, the two instances cannot share a dispatcher
table from db. If I ensure the "setid" group used for algo 7 in the
respective cases contain the same group of hosts, is it enough? Do other
things matter, such as the ordering of the group members in the table (i.e.
different AUTO INCREMENT ids?). Does the setid need to be the same number?
Do I need to ensure the 'destination' values are identical (i.e. not using
IPs for dispatcher table A and hostnames for dispatcher table B)?

If someone knows what the criteria is for matching a hashed pvar to a
member of a dispatcher setid and how this can be made deterministic, I
would be grateful. Thanks!

BR,
George