[SR-Users] Pike Module Clarification

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 10:37:26 CET 2020

Hello,

I am not very familiar with the code as I haven't written the module,
but iirc, if it is an isolated IP, then it takes 3 x sampling_time_unit
to block that IP if there is traffic from it at a rate of more than 30
requests (can be even 1000+ requests).

Then, an IP can be blocked after the first sampling_time_unit if it is
part of a subnetwork (/24) that has other IP addresses already blocked.

As a simple rule, any IP is blocked for sure after 3 x
sampling_time_unit with higher rate than the density and is kept block
if it continues to send high volume of requests.