[SR-Users] Sql_result_free() not cleaning properly

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Jun 29 22:30:36 CEST 2020

On 6/29/20 4:27 PM, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> I guess you are using sql_xquery? The sql_free_result will only free a
> native sql result in script, not the xavp.

But the XAVP goes out of scope once the transaction to which it pertains
expires, right? And accordingly should be freed?

(This also leads one to wonder: if the same XAVP name is referenced in a
subsequent sql_xquery() call in the course of processing the same
message, will it free and re-allocate memory for a new PV, perhaps
contributing to unnecessary fragmentation? Or will it simply reuse the
SHM block for the previously allocated PV?)

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)