[SR-Users] Kamailio Buildroot

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Wed Jun 24 18:05:26 CEST 2020

I haven't cross compiled in a long time ...
For proper cross-compilation, the CROSS_COMPILE flag must be set to
something, then the LOCALBASE and SYSBASE should point to the staging
directory where the toolchain and all the libraries and include files
for the target platform are present.
Extra compile and link options can be passed via CC_EXTRA_OPTS and
LD_EXTRA_OPTS.

An old example for optware can be found here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nslu2-linux/Optware/master/make/kamailio.mk

Some modules have a proper Makefile that will use the pkg-config from
staging directory and detect proper compile and link flags while other
modules require manual tinkering with the Makefile.
It's good to enable the noisy build (Q=0) and check that proper
include files and libs are used (from the staging directory and not
from the build machine).

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 4:52 AM Daniel-Constantin Mierla
<miconda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I haven't cross compiled myself, but there is a makefile flag CROSS_COMPILE that you can set in such cases -- the Makefile of the modules sets the path to includes and libs based on it. You may need to set other Makefile variables to get it done, look in the src/Makefile.defs to see most of them.
>
> Ovidiu Sas seemed to be active in this space some time ago, maybe he can give further guidelines.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>
> On 19.06.20 14:11, Benjamin Marty wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> I would like to ask if someone already tried to build Kamailio for the Embedded Distribution Buildroot. I tried it myself but it looks like Kamailio is not that easy to cross compile.
>
> Thanks
>
> Benjamin

> Daniel-Constantin Mierla -- www.asipto.com
> www.twitter.com/miconda -- www.linkedin.com/in/miconda