[SR-Users] Queries regarding Load balancing setup

Abdul Rasheed rasheed.dubai at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 20:16:44 CEST 2020

Hi ,

I am a newbie who started working on Kamailio only few days ago. I am
trying to setup kamailio in such a way that kamailio acts as a load
balancer for 2 or more asterisk systems.
i have following queries.

1.  As i understand , all the SIP registration will be done with Kamailio
and the Media of the calls will be routed to Asterisks in a round robin
fashion. In such a case , is it required that all the extension  numbers to
be used are to be configured in all the asterisk systems included in the
setup ?
2.  If extension 1000 is in asterisk1 and extension 1001 is in asterisk2 ,
then is it possible to make internal calls between these extensions ?
3.  Is it possible to have TLS based registrations to Kamailio
4. My plan is to build a system which can handle 10000s of extensions . So
the system is supposed to be scaled up by adding more asterisk servers in
order to accommodate more and more extensions as required .

THanks and Regards
Abdul Rasheed