[SR-Users] how to achive destination number based routing before falling back to dispatcher-module

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Jul 23 15:08:47 CEST 2020

Hi,

If you are looking for a simple packaged solution that already
incorporates a database table, then the `alias_db` module is your best bet:

https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.3.x/modules/alias_db.html

The number can be translated to a SIP Request URI domain via
alias_db_lookup(), and that domain will of course be consumed when you
forward the request, absent other next-hop overrides.

If alias_db_lookup() returns false, then you can fall back to a
dispatcher election.

The major downside of this approach is that if your intent is to divert
only a small amount of numbers out of your load balancer, this, as all
other database-bound approaches, incurs an unnecessary database lookup
for every single call. However, this is not a significant factor in most
cases. It deserves some attention for very high CPS (Calls Per Second)
operators, though.

-- Alex

On 7/23/20 9:01 AM, Christoph Russow wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> im fairly new to Kamailio and currently setting up our new sip-server
> systems so, hello everyone!
>
> right now i have a Kamailio SBC which routes all calls using the
> dispatcher module to our internally setup application servers (freeswitch).
>
> i just got the idea that we might want specific routing based on
> destination phone number in addition to simple loadbalancing.
>
> can anyone point me in the right direction where i should look for
> something i can place before the dispatcher routing to route calls based
> on some entries in a database like destination number XYZ goes to server
> A, number ABC goes to server Z and so on.
>
> Or is there a way to select the dispatcher group id from the database
> based on destination number?
>
> best regards
> Christoph

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)