[SR-Users] Retrieving cert details from tls peer

Mark Boyce mark at darkorigins.com
Tue Jul 7 09:26:12 CEST 2020

Hi

That sounds hopeful.  Where I was vaguely going was being able to capture the certificate details at http provisioning, or first sip interaction.  This should then give a secure way to validate that individual device.

From my experience with Yealink devices; The older devices all come with a common device certificate.  Current generation also have an individual unique certificate.  The cutoff appears to be those devices which were factory shipped with firmware version v72

https://tinyurl.com/ybtfxvnj <https://tinyurl.com/ybtfxvnj>

"Using Security Certificates on Yealink IP Phones”
It’s not completely clear but the Yealink security document says;

"If “Mutual TLS Authentication Required” is enabled on your server, the IP phone should send its certificate to the server as well”

However even though the doc mentions SIPs and HTTPS all examples talk about HTTPS and provisioning.

Mark