[SR-Users] Question about xhttp module kamailio 5.2.x

Henning Westerholt hw at skalatan.de
Sat Jan 18 12:27:52 CET 2020

Hello Jimmy,

not being the author of the module, so some generic comments.

The xhttp module is used from the jsonrpcs module, but the jsonrpcs module controls the handling. This module implements the asynchronous processing as you quoted below. The xhttp module does not implement asynchronous handling, so it will block if you use it stand alone.

I would suggest to just test if your worker process block in your particular situation and configuration. You can e.g. use the sleep() function of cfgutils to simulate a long running execution. See if you still are able to process SIP messages after you trigger n requests (for n = kamailio children count).

Cheers,

Henning