[SR-Users] caching 404 responses

Krzysztof Drewicz kdrewicz at cludo.pl
Thu Jan 9 18:10:09 CET 2020

Hello

would like to see if I'm not reinventing the wheel:
scenario: some old powerdialler/predictive calls  kamailio as call
dispatcher, kamailio then dials carrier.

But this dialler does many calls to the same B number with 404 response
(from carrier) in short (retry is < 600s) time, so no need to bother
PSTN/carrier with retry.

Should I simply use htable, cache 404 hit, use some reasonable value
modparam("htable", "db_expires", 1)
put there like 600 s TTL

or something like that?

Any hints/thoughts? Maybe this scenario is common and being used with
success somewhere (and yes, this powerdialer is not very clever, and I
do know it should not be needed for this)

Thanks,

--

*Krzysztof Drewicz*
Senior Infrastructure Administrator