[SR-Users] TCP packet bundling

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Wed Jan 8 00:49:11 CET 2020

Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> writes:

> Yes, I understand the formal properties of TCP and that anything is
> possible. Thank you for explaining.
>
> What I am asking is whether Kamailio takes pains to ensure--I suppose,
> if one must be labouriously precise, to maximise the probability--that
> multiple SIP messages are packaged into separate packets. To the extent
> it can do so.

A fair question.  I would expect that it would arrange to call write()
on an entire message, to avoid multiple packets.  I would be surprised
to see a deliberate attempt to delay between writes of different
messages.  I would try using ktrace/ktruss/strace or whatever and look
at the write messages and their timing.  (I realize you are asking if
anyone else really knows.)