[SR-Users] TCP packet bundling

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Jan 8 00:39:08 CET 2020

Yes, I understand the formal properties of TCP and that anything is
possible. Thank you for explaining.

What I am asking is whether Kamailio takes pains to ensure--I suppose,
if one must be labouriously precise, to maximise the probability--that
multiple SIP messages are packaged into separate packets. To the extent
it can do so.

On Tue, Jan 07, 2020 at 05:50:18PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> writes:
>
> > On Tue, Jan 07, 2020 at 03:29:13PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> >
> >> there is no real meaning to the end applications to what bytes of user
> >> payload are in which TCP segments within packets.
> >
> > No, not to the application. But perhaps to third-party packet analysis
> > systems which reconstruct SIP state from what they see on the wire. :-)
>
> They need to reassemble segments and cope anyway.   There's a long
> history of evading firewalls by creative fragmentation.

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)