[SR-Users] CSeq values in dialog OPTIONS keepalives

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 21:26:23 CET 2020

Hello,

the cseq 0 is because in that direction was no request sent end-to-end. The
500 response for a lower-than-expected cseq is what should happen from spec
point of view and can happen also due to UDP network races in case of
requests sent quick one after the other.

If someone wants to add the feature of sending the KA OPTIONS with greater
CSeq and track the updates for the other end-to-end requests withing
dialog, I am fine to be merged.The current solution was done for the
stateless approach and served the purpose at least when I needed it so far.

There can be also another (simpler, half-way) variant where the OPTIONS are
sent out of the dialog just to detect when the caller or callee is
disconnected () from the network, which is the usual case that can happen.
Sending the OPTIONS within the dialog is for additional detection of the
case when the call was cut somehow event the end point it is still on the
net (e.g., buggy UA).

Daniel-Constantin Mierla - https://www.asipto.com
https://twitter.com/miconda - https://www.linkedin.com/in/miconda
Kamailio Advanced Training - https://www.asipto.com/u/kat