[SR-Users] URI Mapping in Presence?

Mark Boyce mark at darkorigins.com
Wed Feb 12 21:28:06 CET 2020

Hi Daniel

As always thanks for the quick response.

I’ll have a dig through the presence module and try and see if my assumption on the usage of fields is correct. (watch presently_uri, send as to_user to watcher contact ).  If they do behave like that it should be a simple enough change to manage_subscribe

Thanks
Mark

> On 12 Feb 2020, at 20:21, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> the presence specs are quite rigid about user identities, in many cases
> the user id appears in sip headers as well as in the xml body. If you
> mangle identities for subscription, you may have to do changes in the
> content of the notifies.
>
> I haven't analyzed in detail this case to be able to prose a solution,
> but you can try updating the headers and then use msg_apply_changes()
> before calling the handle_subscribe(). Or if you have some developer
> expertise, add the option to specify the presentity id via function
> parameter, right now it support given the watcher id as parameter. But
> then, again, you have to see if NOTIFY request need to be updated as well.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>
> On 12.02.20 14:49, Mark Boyce wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> Looking for the best way to achieve mapping from requested uri to actual uri in presence subscription.
>>
>> The scenario I’ve been presented with is that there is a direct relation between extension number and sip user but they are not the same thing.
>>
>> So for example;
>>
>> Extension 10 is mapped to SIP user sip-SomethingLong
>> Extension 11 is mapped to SIP user sip-SomethingEvenLonger
>>
>> When extension 10 subscribes to 11 we end up with something like this;
>>
>> From: “Extension 10" <sip:sip-SomethingLong at ourpbx.com:5060>;tag=12345678
>> To: <sip:11 at ourpbx.com:5060>;tag=987654321-c8bd
>>
>> I *think* what I need to end up with in presence db is;
>> presently_uri = sip:sip-SomethingEvenLonger at ourpbx.com
>> to_user = 10
>>
>> (Is that right?)
>>
>> However I can’t see a standard way to achieve this.  Manage_subscribe will let me override the watcher uri but not the watched.
>>

>> Anyone see a simple way to achieve this?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Mark

> Daniel-Constantin Mierla -- www.asipto.com
> www.twitter.com/miconda -- www.linkedin.com/in/miconda